PGT-SR usually stands for pre-implantation genetic testing for structural chromosomal rearrangements. It is mainly considered a genetic test, performed on the embryos created through the process of IVF. The main goal is to screen for some chromosomal structural arrangements, which are mainly caused by inversions and balanced translocations.
The pioneering AI analysis has been discovered here with real outcome data and will use two independent analyses under CNV and SNP. It helps in identifying the unbalanced chromosomal rearrangements and will offer that full confidence in accurate and robust results.
- Chromosomal rearrangements are mostly targeted as changes from the normal size or even arrangements of the chromosomes.
- Chromosomes are structures that will help in holding your genetic material.
- People with chromosome rearrangements will be at higher risk of developing embryos with an improper amount of genetic material. It might lead to unsuccessful pregnancy.
Therefore, heading towards the PGT-SR test before starting the IVF procedure is a must if you want to know the quality of the embryo and the chances of you getting pregnant.
Perfect genetic testing you need:
For those people suffering from chromosomal rearrangement, PGT-SR is one pre-implantation genetic testing needed. It is used for improving your chances of establishing a healthy pregnancy.
- PGT-SR will involve testing the embryos created through the IVF procedure.
- After that, these embryos will get transferred into normal embryos.
- PGT-SR was formerly known as PGD or pre-implantation genetic diagnosis.
Who is PGT-SR for?
PGT-SR is mainly for those people who are suffering from chromosome rearrangements. So, they are always at risk of creating embryos with improper chromosome numbers or even structure.
- You might consider going for PGT-SR if you had a child or even had a previous pregnancy with chromosome rearrangement.
- It is also a suitable test if your partner is a carrier of inversion, Robertsonian translocation or Reciprocal translocation.
How does the process work?
Chromosome rearrangements are mostly inherited or might even happen spontaneously. Most carriers are healthy and are not quite aware of their carrier status until they are trying to get pregnant.
- The carriers are always at higher risk of producing embryos with an improper amount of chromosomal material, which will not lead to a successful pregnancy.
- PGT-SR will help in identifying embryos with correct chromosomal materials, which are likely to lead to a successful pregnancy and healthy birth.
- The three primary types of rearrangements that the doctors test for are inversion, Robertsonian translocation and Reciprocal translocation.
Choose us at Angle Fertility Clinic for the best test response:
From what can be understood, it is important to get an accurate result with PGT-SR every time. Based on the report you will get, the IVF treatment is subject to differ from one patient to another. Well, you need not have to worry much as our team from Angel Fertility Clinic is always there to the rescue. Our services are just a call away!
- Most of the time, we will perform the PGT-SR test with PGT-A, which is pre-implantation genetic testing for Aneuploidy.
- The main aim of our test is to check the embryo for structure rearrangements for which either one or both partners will be at risk.
- We have well-trained fertility experts, who can transfer the embryo confidently, one at a time.
- It helps in improving your chances of enjoying a successful IVF cycle.
- Furthermore, the test is effective to reduce various other abnormalities or risks like chances of fraternal twins, miscarriage and chromosomal disorders in offspring.
We will highly recommend you to come and give us a call if you want to book a slot for the PGT-SR genetic test. You can further email us at email@example.com to get some more details on the process.